Internal Communications Lead
Compensation: $134,440.00 - $127,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Role A master at inspiring teams, you will develop, execute, and manage global internal communications that align to our mission. You'll be responsible for cultivating a high-performance 1000+ employee base to educate and engage them with our business objectives and to help change the culture. Communications should provide timely information and updates, explain the why around changes we make, and show how everyone's work is contributing to the mission of our company.
You'll be an agent of change, a motivator, and a creator of compelling content and two-way conversations with internal audiences. You'll work closely with diverse teams around the world (primary geographies include North America, EMEA and APAC) and our executive team to truly transform our company and boost employee engagement. Quick question for you - click here
More specifically, you will:
Graphic: This icon signifies Campaign, our AI-powered, SaaS-based digital marketing platform that puts the power of data insights in the hands of the marketer to design more effective campaigns that exceed customer expectations.Requirements
- Develop and execute a proactive employee communications plan that drives message consistency and alignment, and ensures messages resonate.
- Partner closely with the CEO and executive leadership to develop an internal communications strategy that is timely and transparent, with compelling narratives around change.
- Own the employee communication editorial calendar.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure consistency in messaging across all communication channels.
- Manage and train writers in brand messaging and voice.
- Partner with the external communications lead to develop media materials (press releases, fact sheets, customer testimonials, etc.) and contribute articles to the employee newsletter.
- Develop and coordinate corporate communications processes for employees and spokespeople, media training and internal communications.
- Lead weekly communication meetings with key functions (HR, external communications, marketing).
- Monitor competitor and industry trends.
- Establish discipline around measurement and report outcomes to leadership.
- Communicate in an approachable, friendly style.
- Grasp company and industry concepts and make complex messages clear and understandable.
- Anticipate and address the needs of all teams and constantly work to create an environment of open communication, responding to feedback and adjusting communications accordingly.
- Find innovative opportunities for employee engagement and identify ways to celebrate milestones throughout the company's transformation.
- Identify tools to successfully engage and collect ideas and data from teams.
- Role-model our core values, producing content that inspires teams to apply them to their daily work.
- Manage a diverse set of cross-functional partners including IBM, external agencies, and business partners to develop and execute comprehensive communications plans.
- Work with a variety of communications channels, such as videos, executive communications, presentations, social media, blogs, and emails. Additionally help with content assets or client comms.
- Oversee town halls, working closely with the events team on execution.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Internal Communications Lead opportunity, you will have:
- 10+ years of internal communications experience, preferably in in-house corporate settings.
- A track record of success in creating and executing communications strategies.
- Experience managing internal and external writers.
- Experience managing and refining corporate positioning and messaging.
- Strong storytelling skills, including:
- The ability to create a strong narrative.
- The journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- The ability to turn complex information into timely, engaging, and valuable content for employees.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and deadlines.
- The ability to identify communication issues and solve problems using judgment and analysis.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video.
- Experience developing and executing plans for change initiatives or business transformation is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree. Quick question for you - click here
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- The creativity to come up with fresh, inspiring communication strategies.
- The ability to work across large teams in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- The ability to work collaboratively and build cross-functional relationships with global teams and executives.
- The professional maturity to interact effectively with senior executives, including pushing back.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate others.
Our preference is that you are based in New York, NY, but we also will consider other locations for highly qualified candidates. You'll also need to be willing o travel to corporate office locations and company events. Graphic: Acoustic's solutions are purpose-built and AI-enabled to help marketers create engaging, personalized customer experiences. This icon represents our personalization solutions.
Associated topics: advertise, advertiser, business, editor, market, marketing coordinator, media, product marketing, strategy, sales marketing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...