As the industry leader in water technology, we're growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world's most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Service Technician Helper to join its industry leading sales and service team. You'll partner with service technicians on executing service plans and providing customers with problem solving support.
What's in it For You:
* A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management * A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection * Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments * This is a contract to hire opportunity
What You Will Do:
* Ensure that all aspect of on-the-job safety are maintained, including compliance with Nalco Safety policies * Provide support to service technicians with route * Handle chemical delivery on-site to customers * Perform secondary disinfection services (industrial cleaning of cooling towers, water systems, air handlers, etc) * Develop strong relationships with customers and monitor overall customer satisfaction
* This position is based in Bronx, NY * Territory covers about a 60 Mile radius of the surrounding area * Targeted accounts are within the light commercial industries
* High School diploma or equivalent * Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record * Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
* Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions; * Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting 50 lbs., stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear; * Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude * Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.