Associate Manager of Group Sales; Sales and Business Development Leader
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
In partnership with the department's leadership, the Associate Manager of Group Sales oversees and continuously improves the business development, marketing, and administrative activities of the Group Sales department. The individual is responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads, with the goal of maximizing inbound and outbound sales, and creating new business opportunities. In addition, the person takes an active role in the development and supervision of the sales team, all while providing exemplary customer service to clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Associate Manager of Group Sales will primarily focus on: (1) capturing high-dollar orders through compelling sales efforts and advancing relationships with the department's top accounts; (2) conducting dedicated outbound sales efforts that include outreach to lapsed customers and prospects for new business; (3) building on existing business and developing new relationships with tour operators, travel agents, and destination management companies to maximize revenue from this industry; and (4) building the packaged tour business.
* Collaborate with Marketing and direct supervisors to manage the print and email communications calendar, as well as the marketing and sales initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, direct mail, email, ads, and sell sheets. The Associate Manager will also assist in crafting communications and marketing strategies, pricing strategy, and other sales tools.
* Grow networking and business opportunities through active participation in industry professional associations, activities, and events with the goal of becoming a tourism industry expert. Participate in relevant trade shows and conferences.
* Notify Garden personnel and/or departments of Group Sales events. Submit operations reports and collaborate with various departments for event planning, set-up, and execution.
* Ensure financial data, reports, and analyses are complete and correct.
* Oversee the scheduling of tour guides; supervise junior and volunteer staff.
* Continuously improve the department's operational and administrative functions.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Bachelors degree preferred, with a concentration in Tourism or Marketing.
* Proven track record of revenue growth; must possess an extraordinary talent for sales.
* Three years of experience in customer service and sales in a Group Sales, Catering, Special Events, or Membership setting required. Familiarity with the tourism industry preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required; proven ability to maintain effective working relationships.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; knowledge of Siriusware or Passport Ticketing Systems/and or database systems preferred.
* Strong analytical, time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
* Ability to lift 30 lbs., as well as frequently lift and transport objects for events. Requires considerable walking to and from events throughout the grounds.
* Travel to trade shows and conferences throughout the nation may be required.
* Must be available to work on holidays and weekends as part of regular schedule.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
Associated topics: administrative, leader, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales leader, shift lead, team lead, team leader, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...