Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it s a private members club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it s our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH
HOW WE WORK ** HOW WE HAVE FUN ** and ** WHY WE STAY
The People & Development Partner is responsible for Dumbo House and Cecconi s Dumbo, which are both located in the Empire Stores Building. Cecconi s Dumbo is located in Brooklyn Bridge Park with waterfront views, this elegant and upscale restaurant serves high end cuisine. In addition to the flagship restaurant in Mayfair, London. Cecconi s has outposts in West Hollywood, Miami, Istanbul, Barcelona, Berlin and in The Ned, London. Located on the top two levels in the same building Dumbo House, the first Soho House location in Brooklyn, NY. Dumbo House is a members club and has a restaurant, club bar, library, an outdoor terrace and rooftop pool, all with views of the Brooklyn Bridge, the East River and Lower Manhattan.
The People & Development (HR) team is a group of diverse and adaptable business partners who support daily operations. Creative problem solvers who identify solutions in fast-paced environments. We are responsible for recruiting and acquiring talent as well as developing innovative learning and development programs that foster growth and promote culture for all Soho House employees.
Soho House & Co is looking for a dynamic HR leader to oversee all People and Development operations of the business, managing two direct reports, strategic partner with each site General Manager while reporting to the Head of NY Operations.
- Strategic business partner to local leadership, helping to manage all training and development for 400+ staff.
- Partner with the Chief People and Development Officer on process improvements for Soho House & Co. growth.
- Prepare and maintain department budget, as well as develop an appropriate Learning and Development budget for the House each annual year.
- Participate in Unemployment, EEO, Wage and Hour, Worker s Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings.
- Communicate and implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance to all employees.
- Instruct, train and ensure management staff knows how to interpret and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening, background and reference checking of all Soho House personnel
- Recruit, interview and recommend exempt and non-exempt personnel; Conduct FLSA reviews when necessary to determine employee status.
- Maintain employee benefit programs and employee engagement initiatives.
- Set-up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations and annual increases.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as hire, transfer, promotions, etc
- Implement, participate and monitor induction and orientation programs and develop managers/supervisors for future advancement.
- Maintain Employee Initiatives and Programs including but not limited to Employee of the Month/Year, Focus Groups, Direct Line Meetings, Staff Wellness and Welfare, Online and Social Media communications, Management accountability for staff morale and satisfaction.
- Participate in and prepare all compensation benchmarking to compete in the NY market.
- Establish and maintain Health and Safety Programs in conjunction with the H&S Manager.
- Monitor and analyze turnover reports and use data metrics to understand trends with hiring.
- Practice positive employee relations, including maintaining a positive morale and a genuine, upbeat work environment
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources management experience in a hotel or hospitality industry; or a bachelor s degree preferred
- Experience with HRIS, payroll, and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with compensation benchmarking and working with variable compensations such as bonuses
- Fluent with NY employment law and experience with employee investigations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is imperative
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to manage teams through effective leadership skills
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled and experienced at difficult decision making
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Associated topics: development, job coach, learning, learning and development, specialist, training, vocational trainer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...